What should I do after a car accident?
Call an attorney. Following your car accident, you should be focusing on recovering from your injuries. You should not be focused on fighting with the insurance company and worrying about how you are going to pay for your medical bills, repair your car, put food on the table and keep the lights on. You need a skilled car accident lawyer to fight for you. Move quickly to protect your legal rights. Call a personal injury attorney.
Below are a few guidelines if you have been involved in a car accident in Florida:
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Call the police and get a police report
- Record the name, address, telephone number and insurance information from the other drivers
- Record the name, address, telephone number of all witnesses
- Take lots of pictures – of your vehicle, of the other vehicle and of any visible damages to you. A picture is worth a thousand words
- Hire an experienced personal injury accident attorney
- Tell the truth! What you tell your attorney is confidential, private and is protected by the attorney-client privilege.